- In a small bowl, combine garlic, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, salt & pepper.
- Slowly whisk in olive oil till combined & set aside.
- Place escarole, pears, lemon zest & basil in a large salad bowl & drizzle with vinaigrette.
- Gently toss until salad is evenly dressed; season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Top with Parmesan Whisps.
- 1 small garlic clove, finely minced
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 heads of escarole, tough outer greens removed, leaves torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 Anjou pears, preferably red, cored, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon zest
- Parmesan Whisps