Makes 4 servings
- In a large saucepan heat oil over medium.
- Add onion and garlic and saute until softened, 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in chipotles, sweet potatoes, and broth.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer until sweet potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet over medium heat, cook bacon, turning occasionally, until crisp and browned.
- Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain and cool, then crumble and combine with Whisps.
- In a small bowl whisk the yogurt with just enough water to make yogurt pourable, about 2 tablespoons.
- Using an immersion blender or an upright blender, puree soup until completely smooth.
- Taste and add salt and pepper.
- To serve, divide soup between bowls, drizzle with yogurt, and sprinkle with bacon crumble.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 canned chipotles in adobo sauce, chopped
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled and diced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1 cup Cheddar Whisps, crumbled
- ½ cup Greek yogurt Salt and black pepper to taste