Makes 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- On a large baking sheet toss sweet potatoes with oil, chili powder, and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Roast until tender and browned, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat cook bacon, turning occasionally, until crisp, then transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- Pour off all but enough fat to coat the pan.
- In a medium saucepan combine onion, vinegar, and ½ teaspoon salt, bring to a boil, and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Transfer immediately to a bowl and stir in 4 ice cubes. Heat the same skillet used to cook the bacon over medium-low heat.
- Crack eggs into skillet and cook gently until just cooked through but yolk is still runny.
- Roughly crumble the bacon.
- Divide tortillas between plates.
- Top with sweet potatoes, bacon, eggs, pickled onion, avocado, and Whisps and serve immediately.
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into ½” cubes
- 1 tablespoon preferred vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1½ teaspoons fine sea salt, divided
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 large eggs
- 4 corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 large avocado, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1 cup Asiago Pepper Jack Whisps, roughly crushed