- Cut the chicken breast in half lengthwise like opening a book, cover with plastic wrap and pound with meat pounder until you form two cutlets, about ¼” thick. When chicken is flattened, season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Layer each seasoned chicken cutlet with 2 slices Swiss cheese and then 2 slices ham and then 2 slices Swiss cheese again. Now roll chicken onto itself and form a log shaped roll. Once rolled, wrap in plastic wrap tightly and let rest inside the refrigerator for 15 minutes before breading.
- Set up a breading station with 3 medium sized trays. Put 1 cup potato starch, more salt and pepper to taste, in the first bowl. Put beaten eggs in the second bowl and finally add one 3-ounce package of Whisps Italian Herb Cheese Crumbs to the last bowl.
- Working from right to left, toss and coat the chicken roll in the potato starch, then the egg and finally in the Whisps, making sure all the sides are breaded closed.
- Place a heavy bottom frying pan on medium heat and fill with vegetables. When hot, shallow fry the roll at 315/325F degrees till golden brown. Rotate and baste when necessary to cook any lighter spots and sides.
- While Cordon bleu is resting, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil and whole grain mustard. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Slice cordon bleu into medallions and serve with mustard vinaigrette, garnish with chopped parsley.
- 10 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, flattened to 1/4'’ with a meat pounder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ pound thin sliced ham
- ¼ pound thin sliced Swiss cheese
- 1 cup Potato starch or cornstarch
- 2 large Eggs, beaten
- 1 three-ounce package, Whisps Italian Herb Cheese Crumbs
- 1/3 cup, Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 quart vegetable oil, such as grapeseed, for frying
- 1 ½ ounces red wine vinegar
- 2 ounces Olive oil
- 2 teaspoons whole grain, strong French mustard