- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- Holding a sharp knife parallel to the cutting board, slice chicken ¾ of the way through so each piece opens like a book.
- In a medium bowl, stir together ham, Whisps, asiago, and cream cheese.
- Spread 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard onto the inside of each chicken breast.
- Top with ham mixture.
- Fold chicken over so that ham mixture is enclosed.
- Sprinkle with ¾ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook 5 minutes per side or until browned.
- Transfer to oven and bake until internal temperature reaches 165℉ and juices run clear, about 10 minutes.
- Slice crosswise on the diagonal.
- In a pot fitted with a steamer basket, bring 2 inches of water to boil.
- Steam asparagus until bright green and crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- To serve, divide asparagus between 2 plates, sprinkle with remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper, and top with chicken.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 6 slices deli ham, diced
- 1 cup Asiago and Pepper Jack Whisps, crumbled
- ¼ cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound asparagus, tough ends trimmed