Servings: 10 large mozzarella sticks or 20 small mozzarella bites
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs and 2 tablespoons of water until combined. Set aside.
- Place the flour into another large shallow bowl. Add the garlic powder and oregano to the flour and combine by mixing together with clean hands. Set aside.
- Pour the Whisps Italian Herb Cheese Crumbs onto a large plate and spread them out in an even layer.
- Place the mozzarella sticks onto a clean plate or sheet pan. If baking, preheat the oven to 450 degrees. One at a time, double batter your cheese sticks. First, dip into the flour with your dominant hand (which will now be your dry ingredient hand.) Switch hands (your non dominant hand is your wet ingredient hand) and dip into the egg wash. Place the cheese stick into the Whisps Italian Herb Cheese Crumbs and use your dominant hand to coat it thoroughly on all sides. Dip it back into the flour, then into the egg wash. Finish it off with one more coat of Italian Herb Whisps Cheese Crumbs. Set onto a plate. Repeat with all of the cheese sticks.
- Spray all of the coated cheese sticks with cooking spray on all sides.
- If air frying: Place into an air fryer. Air fry for 2-3 minutes, shaking halfway through, until golden brown. If you have a smaller air fryer, work in batches of 5. If baking: place onto a sheet pan and bake for 5-10 minutes, flipping halfway, until golden brown on all sides.
- Enjoy immediately and serve with marinara sauce.
Want to use an oven instead of an air fryer? Here’s what you do! These do best in an air-fryer, but if you want to make them in an oven, set the oven to 450 degrees F and use the convection setting to create air circulation! Bake for 5-10 minutes until golden brown.
Can’t find cheese sticks? Cut your own! Use two 8 oz. blocks of mozzarella instead. Cut them into 1 inch wide strips that are about 4 inches long.
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 10 mozzarella cheese sticks (If making smaller mozzarella cheese stick bites, cut the mozzarella sticks in half crosswise)
- ¾ cups all purpose gluten-free flour (plus more if needed)
- 1 ½ tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 4 cups Italian Herb Whisps Cheese Crumbs
- Oil spray of your choice (I used avocado oil)
- 1 cup marinara sauce, as a side
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- 1 cup marinara sauce, for dipping