- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions and strain.
- Heat a 12-inch oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Melt the butter. Add the onion and celery and season with Old Bay. Sauté for 5-7 minutes, until tender and softened.
- Add the flour and mix with the vegetables until combined. While whisking, slowly pour in the warm milk until a creamy sauce forms. Add the buffalo sauce and mix until combined.
- Add the cheddar, mozzarella and blue cheeses to the creamy sauce and mix until melted. Pour the pasta and chicken into the sauce and toss together.
- Top with the Buffalo Whisps Cheesecrumbs and bake for 5-10 minutes until they’re lightly toasted. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Like it spicy? Use extra hot buffalo sauce or add hot sauce! Like it mild? Use mild heat buffalo sauce.
If you don’t like blue cheese, skip it!
Don’t have an oven safe skillet? Skip the baking at the end! Just topping it with the Whisps Buffalo Cheesecrumbs is more than enough to get your crunch on.
Use a 12-inch cast iron skillet for this recipe. Feeding more people? If you want to serve more people, use 1 lb. pasta and 1 1/2 lb chicken. Bake in a 19 x 13 casserole dish.
Chicken tip: If you don’t have pre-made chicken on hand, you can boil thinly sliced chicken breasts in some chicken stock for a super easy, flavorful and quick way to get that cooked chicken
- 8 oz. gluten-free cavatappi or rotini
- 1 lb cooked shredded chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Half a white onion, chopped
- ½ cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups warm whole milk (heat for 30 seconds in the microwave)
- 2 tablespoons Buffalo sauce
- 2 ½ cups shredded cheddar
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- ⅓ cup blue cheese crumbles
- ½ cup Buffalo Whisps Cheese Crumbs