Makes 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 400℉.
- On a large baking sheet toss chicken thighs, bell peppers, and onion with oil, chili powder, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Spread out in an even layer and bake until chicken is cooked through (the internal temperature should reach 165℉ and when cut into the juices should run clear), about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a blender combine avocado, cilantro, jalapeño, lime juice, and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Blend, adding enough cool water to reach a smooth, sauce-like consistency, about ½ cup.
- When chicken is done, transfer to a cutting board and shred with 2 forks.
- Divide chicken, bell peppers, and onions between romaine leaves, drizzle with avocado sauce, and top with Whisps.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons preferred vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1½ teaspoons fine sea salt, divided
- 1 large ripe avocado, pitted and diced
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 8 large romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 cup BBQ Whisps, roughly crushed