- In a large ovenproof skillet heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium.
- Add onion and bacon and saute until onion is softened, 6-8 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in spinach in batches and cook until spinach is wilted.
- Stir in stock and pepper and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler
- In a small bowl stir together breadcrumbs, Whisps, oregano, pepper flakes, and remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
- Scatter crumbs on top of spinach, place in oven, and broil until browned on top.
- Serve immediately.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1½ pounds mature spinach, well-washed, tough stems trimmed
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup Parmesan Whisps, finely crumbled
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes