Makes 4 servings
- In a large bowl mix together cabbage, carrot, cucumber, green onion, mayonnaise, vinegar, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and sugar.
- Set aside.
- Brush chicken with oil and sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper.
- Prepare a hot grill fire or preheat grill to medium-high.
- Place chicken on grill and cook, turning once, until well-browned and internal temperature reaches 160℉, about 10 minutes.
- Brush chicken liberally with barbecue sauce on both sides and cook until internal temperature reaches 175℉.
- Transfer to a cutting board and let sit 5 minutes.
- Thinly slice chicken.
- Divide slaw between lettuce leaves, top with chicken, and sprinkle with Whisps.
- Serve with more barbecue sauce.
- 2 packed cups finely shredded green cabbage
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded
- ½ medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons fine sea salt, divided
- 1¼ teaspoons black pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon preferred vegetable oil
- ½ cup preferred barbecue sauce, plus more for serving
- 8 large butter or romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 cup BBQ Cheddar Whisps, roughly crushed