Makes 4 servings
- Trim the ends off the zucchini, then cut each one in half crosswise.
- Cut each zucchini half into 4 wedges. In a colander toss zucchini with salt and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Rinse then dry well with a clean kitchen towel.
- Preheat oven to 375℉. In a medium bowl combine Whisps Italian Herb Cheese Crumbs, oregano, thyme, and pepper.
- Dip zucchini in egg, then press cut sides into mixture so it adheres, and place zucchini cut sides up on a large baking sheet, leaving space between the pieces.
- Drizzle zucchini with oil and bake until tender and browned, about 20 minutes.
- Turn on the broiler and broil just until golden, 2-3 minutes more.
- While zucchini bakes, in a small bowl stir together ketchup, chipotles, and lime juice.
- Serve zucchini fries with dipping sauce.
- 4 medium zucchini
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 2 cups Whisps Italian Herb Cheese Crumbs
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg, well-beaten
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup low-sugar or sugar-free ketchup
- 2 canned chipotles in adobo sauce, seeds removed, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice